Contrary to popular belief, you do not need a sophisticated degree in social media to grasp its metrics. Even though there are many alternative metrics to seem at for your business, the important question to raise yourself with every of them is whether or not or not that metric helps you to create decisions and take action.
Metrics are divided into four categories: consumption metrics, share metrics, lead generation metrics and sales metrics. Consumption metrics show how several time individuals viewed, downloaded, or listened to content. Share metrics are however several times individuals emailed, tweeted, or posted your content. Lead generation metrics show how usually your content generates a lead. Lastly, sales metrics show just however usually that you create cash from your content.
Let’s take a look at five ways in which to higher perceive metrics:
1. Content Quality—Instead of checking frequently to see if your content gets retweeted or your visitant numbers go up, take a look at the picture. For your website or web log, take a look at unique page views, time on page, and total page views. Unique page views means that your reach is growing, longer times on page means that your content is attention-grabbing, and a larger total page views implies that people are searching for a lot of of your web site.
2. Referred Traffic—Use Google Analytics to see what proportion traffic is remarked your website from Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or other social media channels. To make this metric work for you, set up goals on where you would like those numbers to be within the future.
3. Interaction Count—Instead of looking at your engagement rate, which is skew by purchased ads like on Facebook, marketers now look at the whole interaction rate. You can then correlate this info with web site visits to envision however the interactions are stacking up with them.
4. Conversion Rates—Using Google Analytics, you can see wherever your leads return from every of our social media accounts. You can then see the conversion rate for these leads. You can conjointly use this for email campaigns and newsletters. Learn more concerning setting up custom campaign parameters here.
5. Share of Voice—SocialMention is a free tool you’ll be able to use to search out the whole number of conversations concerning your business. To find your share of voice, divide the range of conversations or mentions of your business by the whole number of conversations of companies in your market. You can conjointly section these conversations by channel to envision wherever you wish to boost.
Keep in mind that some metrics like page views and downloads are self-importance metrics. They make America feel sensible concerning the work that we tend to do, but they don’t lend themselves to creating wise to choices. Taking a careful look at your metrics is that the thanks to carefully guide your business on-line.