How to Setup Automatic GAL Sync to Only Push Contacts in iPhone
TechsPlace | The Global Address List(GAL) is a wonderful tool in the management of contacts whether for personal use or in an organization setting. This notwithstanding, the tool developed by Microsoft has a fundamental defect in that you cannot easily sync your contacts, especially if you want to change your phone for one reason or the other.
Ordinarily, you would want an easy way that allows you to manage your contacts from a centralized database. GAL, on its own, is a conveniently creative tool that is ultimately very useful in the modern business environment. This guide provided by SyncGal gives you a step-by-step guide to automatically set up GAL sync as a single push for your contact to an iPhone.
- Go to Settings and access the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars app on your iPhone.
- If you had previously set up a Microsoft Exchange account, log in the details and access the account.
- From the toggle icon, turn on Contacts already in your phonebook.
- You need to set up a new account.
- Tap on Exchange and Fill in the required information
- Go to Next and fill in the required information.
- At this point, the details given will be verified and you will be required to establish the various items you are required to sync. You may include Contacts, Mail, Calendars, Bookmarks, or Notes. You may also add up in any other important element that you want to sync with Exchange.
- Microsoft Exchange can now be synced with Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Notes, etc as it appears on your screen
- You then tap on the Save button and go back to Mail, Contacts and Calendars settings
- Tap to Fetch New Data
- Tap on the Push-On icon: This allows changes that take place on the Microsoft Exchange account to be effected on your iPhone as well.
Finally, you can set a default period for making updates effective. It can range from a few minutes to an hourly period.
Once you are finally able to do GAL Sync on your phone, you enjoy a number of benefits that include:
An update of your contacts anywhere at any time: This allows you to maintain and access up-to-date contact for your company or personal use. That’s why it’s important to set up an appropriate time gap for the sync process.
Caller ID Recognition: Caller ID is still an essential part of business communication. This kind of service helps you to filter and avoid unregistered and unrecognized numbers, especially from robocalls and telemarketers/.
Text Messaging ID: With GAL sync, you can identify a text from the office, a coworker, or a business associate.
Easy Access of Contact Information: This is perhaps the most important aspect of GAL sync. It allows you easy access to contacts on your devices.
GAL Sync offers a wide range of capabilities as long as users are able to import and synchronize their contacts. The process is sometimes seen as cumbersome and many users opt to seek alternatives. However, once the process is achieved, it offers the user a number of effective and easy to use dimensions.
Finding a simplistic solution that allows you to conduct business easily makes helps you to save time and make quick actions. In the long run, this can translate to better business and more profits. Contact storage and retrieving is an essential activity for the business. As the company grows and expands, keeping storage of such data becomes primarily essential. Naturally, large organizations have even a greater task of ensuring that their data is effectively stored and managed.