TechsPlace | In the present time, you cannot afford to overlook the importance of having an antivirus program installed on your device. It is only through an antivirus that you can keep your system secure and safe from any outside threat and hence can save yourself from dire misfortune. These days so many different kinds of antivirus programs are available in the market and almost every one of them is offering similar kinds of features. Although, if we think of the top three antivirus programs at present time, then they would be Avast, AVG and Norton Antivirus, these offer comprehensive security to the device and in addition have many more to offer to its user.
You might like this: Everything You Need to Know About Kaspersky Free Antivirus Software
But do you think that having an antivirus program in the system is easy? No, it is not, security software can not only affect system performance but they can even face various issues and difficulties that will put user’s security at risk. These issues differ from user to user. Some face issues while installing, reinstalling or updating the program, while others face issues in configuring the software and removing it errors. All-in-All we can say that antivirus issues are endless, but so are its solutions. “No lock comes without a key” in a similar manner “No problem comes without its solution”. In this article, you are going to discuss one common issue each of these three security programs. Let’s get started:
Norton Antivirus- Norton is Making My System Work Really Slow
Norton consumes a lot of processor’s RAM while scanning the system but still, we can fix this issue by practicing the following:
- Restart your device
- Update your Windows operating system
- Delete junk or temporary files
- Keep your Norton program up-to-date
- Remove unwanted browser plug-ins
- Have least programs loading at the startup
Method 1: When your system starts performing really slow at the time of startup then take benefit from Norton Startup Manager feature to fix the issue. Open Norton and click Performance tab and then go to Startup Manager. Then from delay start, select the application that you want to delay and click Apply.
Method 2: Temporary files of browser and system can slow down your computer. To remove temporary files you can use Norton File cleanup tool. Open Norton window and go to Performance tab, then click on File Cleanup.
Method 3: If you are using any other security suite along with Norton Antivirus then this will definitely diminish your system speed, so better uninstall any non-Symantec product through the control panel. Look for the other security suite from the list and then select it. after that click on Uninstall/Remove and follow on-screen instructions.
Method 4: Defragment your system hard drive to create more space, this way you can resolve this issue. For this again do to Performance section of Norton and click Optimize Disk. Once you are done, simply close the window.
If none of these methods works for you then consult our tech team of Norton on Norton contact number UK.
AVG Antivirus- Issues People Encounter While Installing AVG
If you want your antivirus program to perform its duty in a proper manner then you also need to make sure that it is installed in a proper manner. In case, you encounter any issue while installing the program, then you can fix it easily. Most installation error codes can be fixed by:
- Using AVG Reset Access tool to repair all sorts of corrupted access rights to AVG files.
- In case, you are already having any other AVG version installed in your system then you should delete all files related to it. You can use AVG Remover for this task. AVG Remover only removes those files which are necessary for new installation.
- Also, remove any other antivirus software other than AVG to have a successful installation. Another security suite can have issues with the installation.
- In case, you are getting an error code while installing the program then consult experts on AVG customer care number UK as they will be able to guide you as per the error code.
- After this, you are ready to download and install the program on your system.
Avast Antivirus- Avast is Affecting My Browsing Experience
When you try to visit a website that you know is a genuine one but then Avast stops you from doing so by blocking the site. This situation is extremely frustrating. You can fix this issue by following the instructions given here:
- Launch your Avast antivirus software.
- After that, Access Additional Protection which restricts fake sites. You can view them on the left of Avast Interface.
- Now go to Site Blocking to view the sites that Avast is blocking till now.
- Opt for Singular Blocking to unblock your desired website by simply clicking on them or removing them.
- Also, unblock the checkbox that Enables site blocking.
This way you can use the site blocking feature but in a restrictive manner. Although, if you want to add any site to the blocking list then take help from professionals of Avast support number in United Kingdom. They will guide you correct process to remove and add a website to blocking list.
We have just discussed the most common issue of these antivirus programs, but one may come across many more complication with their software. To get any sort of problem fixed, you can get in touch with your concerned antivirus executive. They will definitely provide you immediate help to rectify your antivirus issue.