TechsPlace | While migrating from one email client to another email client the contacts play an important role in our daily operations. If you are searching for a way to export the Zimbra address book to Outlook then, we got covered you.
In today’s workaround, we will check the step-wise guide to migrate Zimbra contacts to Outlook. Zimbra is an open-source mail client and allows users to manage their emails, calendars, contacts, Notes, etc.
On the other hand, Outlook is the most preferred email client in terms of services and functionality. Although, both the application allows to manage data files. It always depends upon the end-user which email clients they prefer. So, without any further, let’s check out the conversion process.
Zimbra contacts to Outlook Conversion | First Move
Ready to export Zimbra address book to Outlook? If yes, the first step is to extract contacts from a Zimbra email client. Follow the steps listed below to extract contacts for good.
- Log in with your Zimbra account.
- From the top panel select the Preferences tab.
- In navigation, the list moves to the Import/Export tab.
- Under the Export panel select the Contacts field and Click on Export Option.
- The TGZ file will download after clicking on the Export button.
Zimbra Contacts to Outlook | Automated Approach
If users want to save their precious time and want the conversion done within a few mouse clicks then, one can go with an automated approach i.e. SysTools Zimbra to PST Converter. This automated utility allows converting complete data files of Zimbra in multiple file formats including MBOX, PDF, PST, vCard & EML format.
Although, you can access this tool for free and can enjoy the benefits of the demo edition. Demo edition works similar to the licensed version but it allows to convert only the first 25 files of each folder.
Once you are ready to invest then you purchase the full version of this utility. Let’s check out the working process of this smart solution.
Migrate Zimbra Address Book to Outlook | Automated Tool Working Steps
1) Download and Run the utility and the first interface will appear like this.
2) Click on Add Files button and it displays two options Add File or Add Folder.
3) Now click on the Browse button to add the Extracted TGZ file.
4) Software will Scan and display all the files with their properties.
5) Use the Export and Export Selected option to start the conversion process.
6) Select the vCard Format from the next list and click Export.
Here, you successfully converted Zimbra contacts to vCard format. The next, step is to import them into Outlook.
Quick Tip: If you are looking for a way to migrate Zimbra mailbox to PST, then you can use SysTools Zimbra Converter. This utility ensures 100% data security while conversion.
Import vCard to Outlook | Final Move
Finally, you reached the last step of the conversion process here, you will transfer all your contacts to Outlook. Carry the number of steps listed below to continue the process.
- Open Outlook and select File > Import/Export option.
- Import/Export Wizard dialog box appears. Selected Import a vCard File (.vcf) and click Next option.
- Locate and select the location of the vCard, click Open.
- Click on your contacts in the left navigation panel and you preview all the contacts in Outlook.
So There You Have It
In this write-up, we have covered a step-wise guide to export the Zimbra address book to Outlook. Also, we have listed a magical approach that allows users to convert their data files within a few minutes. One can download or purchase the automated approach as per his/her requirement.