A famous social media platform for professionals, LinkedIn shifted the support from Ruby on Rails to Nodejs after looking at the potential of Nodejs. This framework is fast and scalable, which makes it one of the best choices for large-scale organizations. Nodejs is supported by the V8 engine, which also enhances computing speed.
Top Companies using Nodejs
Important Features of Nodejs
To date, Nodejs has got billion of downloads by beginners and Nodejs experts both. This framework is highly used to create real-time apps, IoT apps, and apps for small and large scale businesses. Several benefits and powerful backup made Node get the popularity faster than any other technology. The fast-paced development and efficient applications made Node the most demanded developer skills in today’s world. To sum up a Node in a simple mathematical equation:
Some of the most viable features of Nodejs are:
- Robust Tech Stack
• Universal Runtime environment
• Efficient and scalable
Also, Nodejs has quite a large community support, which is the most contributing factor behind this framework’s continuous development and improvement. This is also one of the main reasons for the popularity of Nodejs development services. For amateurs, the readymade code solutions are available on Github, leveraging for further development and promoting the reusable model.
Reason Why Nodejs is so popular
- Nodejs is faster than its competitors, which is why it is best for high traffic app development. This is also one of the main reasons for any Nodejs development company to switch to this framework.
• Developer can code in JS for both the server-side and client-side, which bridges the trench between front end development and back end development.
• Node Package Manager facilitates developers with multiple tools, which increases productivity.
• Nodejs is secure, lightweight because of event-driven architecture that too runs on the single thread. Also, the code runs faster than other languages.
• Nodejs apps can be developed using popular IDEs such as Visual Studio and Eclipse and with basic code editors such as Sublime Text and Notepad++
• Unlike the common SQL database, which implements a relational model, Node supports the document base model. The document base model is easy to use and can be hosted anywhere on the cloud hosting provider.
Advantages of using Nodejs for your web development
Every programming language has some advantages that qualify it to be used on a particular kind of application. Node is developed for scalable apps, whereas the modern tools make it suitable for complex app development. Here are some prominent advantages of Nodejs:
It runs on a single thread and follows event-driven architecture for being lightweight. Nodejs apps are popular for the real-time environment because it can handle multiple connections efficiently. Many major web development service platforms create an extra thread for each request. This devours up the RAM storage making the app slow.
All APIs are asynchronous in Nodejs. This prevents the processes from clashing and blocking the resources. Non-blocking architecture is the first catchy feature of Nodejs. The server never has to wait for the data to return. The server looks for the next API for the request, and the notification mechanism API signals the server when the response comes from the previous API.
It operates on a single thread and uses the event loop. The callbacks wake the process up for Input/output operation, which also smoothens the database transaction. This is the feature which allows Node to handle million of operation concurrently.
The event mechanism also allows the server to respond in a non-blocking way, using a limited number of threads for handling requests. This makes the server scalable in comparison to a traditional server. Unlike the Apache HTTP server, the node server can communicate with millions of requests simultaneously.
Must Read: AngularJS V/s NodeJS
Is Nodejs the preferred choice of developers?
- Powering the web through scripting the behavior.
Among the popular frameworks, Nodejs is the best choice for developers for app development. Nodejs is powered with a huge library of different JS module, which simplifies web development and mobile app development.
The robust tool PM2 process manager makes the work easier to monitor, optimize, and deploy the apps for Nodejs expert. With time, Nodejs has been growing continuously and gaining new features while offering top-class performance.
For a person with enough knowledge of web development, switching to Nodejs is too easy. But still, for complex apps, the code becomes complex. Therefore it is always a better idea to hire a Nodejs developer who has both expertise and experience in creating result-driven websites and apps for your business.
Jitu Bhaskar is the CEO of SemiDot Infotech, an app development, and website development company that has made a global presence in a relatively short time. Jitu Loves working with Startups and Entrepreneurs to create a better world and has a keen interest in the Blockchain, AI, AR/VR, along with other emerging technologies.