TechsPlace | When it comes to running a successful brand promotion campaign, you can’t turn a blind eye to the importance of video marketing. The popularity of video at an all-time high and its prominence does not seem to go down in the coming years.
What Makes Videos so Important?
Let’s understand it by exploring some video marketing stats.
- 82% of online traffic that the businesses receive comes through videos
- Video marketing emails have a 200-300% increment in the click-through rates
- 70% of small and midsize businesses share videos on their social media stories
- 41% of SMBs spend a good amount every month to create and promote videos
- 92% of the people are likely to share the videos they watch
- 76% of businesses create a video in less than 20 minutes
- 87% of marketers use videos for marketing
- 48% of marketers create around 4 to 5 videos every month with the help of a professional promo video maker
With the stats shared above, it is quite obvious that video marketing is not going anywhere.
What should you do?
Video is the prime part of digital marketing. If you don’t keep pace with this trend, you will be left far behind from your competitors. Don’t worry if you are not sure how to do it right. Here are some video marketing tips for 2020 that will help you take your business to the next level.
- Weave stories, not a sales pitch
Your videos should be something that can relate to your viewers as well as promote your brand subtly. No one is interested in watching a video that brags about the brand, advertises a product, or markets a service. People are keen to view vlogs that add value to them. You should create an exciting video that can hit the right chord with your audience. It should educate the audience on their particular areas of interest in the form of a story. The better you weave a compelling story, the more you can connect with your viewers.
- Explore different video formats for different platforms
While YouTube is the biggest player in the realm of video marketing, it does not mean you can overlook the importance of other social sites. Even if YouTube is on the rise and people watch more than a billion hours of videos on this platform every day, Instagram, IGTV, LinkedIn, and Facebook videos also bring a good engagement.
Keeping the prominence of other social platforms in mind, you should consider creating different video formats. Depending on your business and goals, you can explore vertical format, 360-degree video features, live videos, short stories, and other feasible ideas. However, the ultimate video marketing format for 2020 is to Go Live. Since social distancing has been a new norm during the tough time of COVID-19, live videos receive higher acceptance than ever.
- Make your videos mobile-friendly
It should not come as a surprise that you need to create videos with a mobile-first mindset. People love to surf social sites and watch videos, and where do they often access them? It’s their mobiles. Right? Making mobile-friendly videos is not a big thing. Just keep two big things in mind, and you are good to go.
- First is the language. For instance, if you want someone to click a link, instead of saying click on the link, say tap on it or follow the link
- Second is the sound. For instance, people are most likely to watch videos without sound. So, create a narrating caption that can give your viewers a way to watch your vlogs without turning on the volume
- Do not forget the mobile ratio. If it’s vertical- 4:3 and if it’s horizontal- 16:9
- Go for an ideal video length
Sometimes, it is your video length that decides the success of the campaign. So, what should be the optimal video length? There is no pre-set time to define the standard video length. The golden rule of thumb is it should be as long as your viewers’ attention span.
- While Facebook allows you to upload 240 minutes long videos, you should not go for such a long length as your viewers may drop mid-way through
- An Instagram feed video needs to be just 1 minute long or less
- A video that exceeds 1 minute and lasts up to 1 hour becomes a part of IGTV
- An optimal upload on YouTube should be somewhere between 7- 15 minutes
However, the ideal video length that can bring good engagements in almost all the platforms is 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Here, the trick is to eliminate unnecessary fluff from the video and get to the point early. As soon as the video begins to play, its first few seconds play a crucial role in catching viewers’ attention and hook them to watch the entire video.
- Let your videos be authentic
Creating super, expensive videos has been a matter of the past. The audience is more likely to appreciate authentic videos than a perfect video filmed by a pricey production house. Thus, your focus should be to create realistic videos using a decent slideshow maker, not a fancy video through an expensive agency. Like –
To keep your viewers’ interest alive, try to be constantly active on social media, and post more frequently. Your goal should be to upload at least 4 to 5 videos every month. When your audience watches an engaging video on your feed, they expect the next message to go on air soon. If you make them wait longer, they may lose their interest. So, you should focus on showing less fantasy and demonstrate real content more frequently. Don’t forget to keep it engaging, keep it short, and keep it informative.
We hope you find these video marketing tips for 2020 beneficial. If you incorporate these strategies into your marketing campaign, you can surely take your business to the next level. Now that you know the top video marketing tips, put your creative caps on and go ahead with your video game.